Today was meant to be the day that I triumphantly announced 0.5 of my check_netapp_ontapi.pl plugin was complete… and then I discovered that I had been running the wrong rc of the script in my test environment. Whoops. I’ve decided to create a fork of the project with the latest version anyway and as part of my next update I should merge it back into the main repository if all goes well.
The title pretty much says it all! Today I’ll be releasing the beta for Netapp C-Mode monitoring and I hate to admit it’s not my best work… there are a large number of ways it could be improved but my time constraints for getting this particular job done were more narrow than I would have otherwise liked. This was compounded by having to wrestle with a number of bugs or strange quirks with Netapp Ontapi which caused some rather bizarre behaviour.